[CentOS] CentOS still dies on me

Thu Nov 21 04:12:38 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/20/2013 7:40 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> Might this have something to do with the following boot message?:
> Starting virt-who: Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "/usr/share/virt-who/virt-who.py", line 33, in <module>
>       from subscriptionmanager import SubscriptionManager,
> SubscriptionManagerError
>     File "/usr/share/virt-who/subscriptionmanager.py", line 24, in <module>
>       import rhsm.connection as rhsm_connection
> ImportError: No module named rhsm.connection
> ^[[60G[^[[0;31mFAILED^[[0;39m]^M
> Starting libvirtd daemon: ^[[60G[^[[0;32m  OK  ^[[0;39m]
>
> If not, I'd like to test the idea that my problem with Linux
> dying on me is that recent kernels do not like my computer.
> My most recent installation that still runs reliably is Fedora 14.
> If I copy a kernel from F14 into my CentOS installation,
> what else do I need to copy with it?
> I know that I will need to add to my grub.conf .

random centos6.4 system I looked at doesn't even have a directory
/usr/share/virt-who, so this must be part of some optional package not
required for centos to load and operate....

indeed, yum provides says...
virt-who-0.8-5.el6.centos.noarch : Agent for reporting virtual guest IDs
to subscription-manager

another centos 6.4 server, on which I'm doing some KVM tests and uses
libvirt and stuff, doesn't have virt-who either.

'rhsm' 'subscription manager', thats sounds like RHEL stuff tied into
their licensing scheme ??