[CentOS] RAM Requirements

Sat Nov 23 05:44:51 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/22/2013 9:35 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> I've searched the CentOS.org web site for this but I've come up empty.
> I've got an old machine that had RH9 on it.  The HD died so I had to
> replace that.  Now I'm thinking that I want to install CentOS 6.4 on it
> but the minimal install disk says that I don't have enough RAM for it to
> do the install.

its the GUI installer, try (at the grub boot: prompt), /*linux text
*/
then, choose the minimum packages, etc, and get a basic config. the text
mode installer's disk utilities are ugly, sometimes its easiest to setup
the disks ahead of time manually, then just tell the text installer to
use your partitions as-is.

//