[CentOS] Historical Data related to CPU,IO and Memory

Wed Oct 2 16:58:53 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 10/1/2013 7:35 PM, Mark Eggers wrote:
> You could take a look at sysstat and the graph with whatever tool you
> wish. I use kSar to plot.
>
> By default, the sysstat output is kept for a week, but you could write
> scripts to keep the information for as long as you wished.
>
> sysstat rpm on CentOS 6.4: sysstat-9.0.4-20.el6.x86_64
> kSar web site:http://sourceforge.net/projects/ksar/

you don't even need to write scripts, the sar data collector, sadc, can
be configured to collect as little/much data as you want, for whatever
interval and period you wish simply by tweaking a few configure file
settings.  See /etc/sysconfig/sysstat

but, if you really want historical data going back months, I do think
I'd look into something like cactii, which is built on RRDtool, which
replaced the legacy mrtg.    This will maintain a set of web pages with
hourly/daily/weekly/monthly stats of as many parameters as you wish to
track going back as far as you like.