[CentOS] Qeury regarding 64GB SSD + 2tb?

Sat Sep 7 04:48:40 UTC 2013
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

I have a system x3100 m4 system with 64GB SSD for OS and 2x2tb for
data as MD device (software RAID).

It had Fedora 17 with EFI/

I tried to install centos 6. deleting the existing partitions on the
SSD /dev/sdc.

sda and sdb are the 2x2tb md device mounted on /home.

no joy.

googling
Questions:

1. Where do I locate the boot loader? /dev/sdc? is MBR (the default
with Centos) enough
2. Is it necessary to have GPT label and EFI on /dev/sdc?
3. Will it affect in anyway sda and sdb (I am not choosing to format them)?

any pointers with information to wrap my head around

FC17 was running fine after I fsck-ed the /dev/sdc4 which had vanished
when this box came in.

To my knowlege, a root file system of size 64GB should be handled
peacefully by centos.

GPT comes into picture only on > 2tb partitions for different mountpoints.

or is it that any system mounting more than 2tb disk as non-root will
necessarily need a boot disk with a GPT label and EFI partition?

Am I right or have I got it all wrong?

Any reply and pointers appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--