[CentOS] Setting up postfix under CentOS-6

Thu Sep 12 11:17:47 UTC 2013
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Ned Slider wrote:

>> The CentOS document <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix>
>> explicitly says that its instructions may not work in CentOS-6.
>> Does anyone know of reasonably simple postfix documentation
>> for CentOS-6?

> The above probably should work, just that it wasn't written specifically
> for 6 and hasn't been tested on 6, but the changes in Postfix between 5
> and 6 shouldn't prevent it from working given it describes the bare
> minimum required to get Postfix up on your system.

Ok, thanks for the response.
I'll try following the instructions in that document,
as I have had no luck with the documents on www.postfix.org .

The changeover from sendmail to postfix in CentOS-6
was probably a mistake, in my view, unless required to follow RedHat.
At the very least proper documentation should be a pre-requisite
for a change like this.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net