[CentOS] Evergreen ILS on CentOS?

Mon Sep 16 18:00:56 UTC 2013
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> I've got two possible routes, here: a) I can try to build an older,
> deprecated version of Evergreen, or I can try to build a newer libevent
> and stuff - some of which, IIRC, kde wants.
>
> Opinions? Suggestions? And if anyone's worked with evergreen, PLEASE TALK
> TO ME!!!

I haven't worked on Evergreen, but lately I've found need to build
some specific packages that were developed on Debian or Ubuntu based
distros. My approach has been to create a separate /opt/foreign mount
and then rebuild what libraries I could and place them there. It
worked, but I wouldn't want to do it for anything big.

If you have a build environment on Ubuntu, I suppose another option
would be to statically link everything.