[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sun Apr 27 04:37:49 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 12:33:27AM -0400, Evan Rowley wrote:
> Is anyone frustrated by Network Manager? I wish CentOS just used the basic
> configuration files like the ones on BSD-style OSes. Those are so simple in
> comparison.

service NetworkManager stop
chkconfig NetworkManager off
vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX
vi /etc/resolv.conf
chkconfig network on
service network start

							John
--
We don't have education we have inspiration; if I was educated I would be a
damn fool.

-- Robert Nesta Marley (6 February 1945 - 11 May 1981), better known as Bob
   Marley, Jamaican singer, guitarist, songwriter, and social activist, in
   Time Will Tell (1992) a documentary by Declan Lowney