[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Apr 30 16:48:59 UTC 2014

On 04/30/2014 11:01 AM, Keith Keller wrote:
> I don't use NetworkManager, so I don't know the answer to this
> question: is there a way to tell it not to clobber portions of your
> network configuration, and/or to provide it with defaults if it can't
> determine values for a particular option?

The granularity is pretty poor, but you can choose, as the 'Method:'
used for a connection several types.  One of these is 'Automatic (DHCP)'
and the next one down is 'Automatic (DHCP) addresses only' which should,
IIRC, leave resolv.conf alone (useful if you're using something like
OpenDNS).

I'd personally like to see more configurability here, but that's a post
for another day.