[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Apr 30 18:28:24 UTC 2014

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On 04/30/2014 01:46 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
>>> Dynamic DNS can be, yes.  It depends upon the way the zone file is
>>> updated and whether it's Internet-exposed on not.
>> So how can it be dynamic, but controlled at the same time?
>>
> Set up a DD-WRT consumer router for use with OpenDNS by way of
> dns-o-matic and you'll see how.  Now replace OpenDNS and dns-o-matic
> with your own services.
<snip>
Um, er... DD-WRT is off-topic, so if anyone wants the *REAL* RANT and
howto, contact me offlist. The short version is a) that's the most
amateur, in the worst sense of the word, project I've ever seen, and b) it
took me about a month, and three or so debrickings, to get a good
version....

       mark