[CentOS] Old HP Xeon server blade with only SCSI HDD ports & CentOS

Fri Apr 11 18:00:22 UTC 2014

Fernando Cassia wrote:

>> You think that's all the one blade, with support and h/d etc will need?
>>
> Don´t fight guys, please. :))

Hey, he's the one who's using a casting furnace for toast!

> I´ve found more info, I only had to read the sticker on the back of the
> enclosure. It reads
> "48V DC. 62.5 AMPS max per shelf. Dual circuits (A+B) for redundancy"

Um, er, if it takes six blades, that's 48v*10A, which, wattage-wise, is
480W or so, and so less than your microwave. But the amperage worries me a
bit.

> The dual male plugs marked "POWER CIRCUIT A" and "POWER CIRCUIT B" means
> exactly that. The Beast has two independent 48V DC imputs, for redundancy.
>
> But the positive and negative on each of the two not marked AT ALL and it
> seems to me that the male round plugs protuding are totally reversible
> (!?), so there´s a big possibility of frying everything if I get polarity
> backwards...
>
> Oh, Dear God of HP blades, we invoke you...
> Maybe on the BSD lists they´d have a clue?.

Hmmm... I'd try some HP lists.

       mark