[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Tue Apr 29 20:39:25 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:
> On 4/29/2014 13:05, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> can you tell it
>> that adding a USB device and picking up a dchp address is OK, but you
>> don't want to change your default route just because dhcp offers it?
>
> Mixed DHCP and static IP configurations is a very useful but often
> neglected combination. [1]
>
> Every OS I've used requires some hacking around to make it work as
> desired.  The only reason Linux is easiest of the bunch is because it
> has a history of letting you turn off the automation, so you can prevent
> it from doing undesired things.

Yes, but the configs tend to be tied to the names of the devices.
If a new device is going to be added on the fly when you jack in a USB
plug, where do you hack to say that device shouldn't clobber your
resolv.conf or default gateway.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com