[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Wed Apr 30 09:57:53 UTC 2014
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Les Mikesell wrote:

> For example, I think there are ways to tell NM not to
> mess with a specific interface setting, and maybe a way to say you
> don't want it to screw up your resolv.conf file,

I don't mind NM editing resolv.conf if it knows
- or even thinks it knows - how to improve
on the current settings, but what I don't understand
is why it occasionally deletes the current settings
without substituting anything else.
I can't imagine any situation where this would help?
Maybe the present settings are defective in some way;
but no settings cannot possibly be better.

Having said all that, in my case NM has been working perfectly
for over a year now.
But I can't forgive it for the hours I wasted on it in the past.

However, I would never run NM on a server,
by which I mean a machine that offers services like dhcp and http.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net