[CentOS] CentOS 7 - Firewall always allows outgoing packets?

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Mon Aug 11 19:25:46 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-11 at 14:36 -0400, Jonathan Billings wrote:

> 'FirewallD' doesn't replace 'iptables' except in the sense of
> activated system services

I just love using sv ipt ... (my abbreviations for service iptables).
Not keen on another 'service' duplicating my manual and automated
efforts.

> FirewallD just builds and modifies iptables rules.

Why do I need more complexity together with more learning time and more
effort and conversion of existing rules ?  IP Tables works fine.
Absolutely no complaints.

> If anything, FirewallD might make it easier to migrate to nftables
> (a potential replacement for iptables) when that becomes mature[1].

Think I would prefer to use the nftables without a Lindoze wrapper.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

   Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
   Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.