[CentOS] CentOS 7 - Firewall always allows outgoing packets?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Aug 11 19:53:51 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 08:25:46PM +0100, Always Learning wrote:
> > FirewallD just builds and modifies iptables rules.
> Why do I need more complexity together with more learning time and more
> effort and conversion of existing rules ?  IP Tables works fine.
> Absolutely no complaints.

Do you run virtual machines on any of your systems? The required dynamic
rules are the primary use case it solves very well. It also works as a
desktop firewall somewhat less ideally. Since it has an API, it may someday
be a full-featured dynamic server firewall. But, otherwise, it's probably
not what you want for anything complicated -- and mostly harmless for
anything simple.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>