[CentOS] Java plugin (icedtea-web) does not load

Toralf Lund toralf.lund at pgs.com
Tue Aug 19 14:08:02 UTC 2014

On 19/08/14 15:15, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 09:12:36AM -0400, James B. Byrne wrote:
>> I agree about the BS part but that does not make it unenforceable BS in some
>> jurisdictions.  And then there is always the threat of impoverishment through
>> litigation.  A big enough complainant can simply litigate frivolous torts to
>> impose an economic penalty on its victim regardless of the outcome.  Those
>> sorts of disclaimers simple provide a pretext.
> It's all noise and such nonsense should be restricted by policy by list
> owners.  If people can't figure out email by now they need to go back to
> using pencil and paper.
It should be pretty clear in this case that the "intended recepient" is
the mailing list and consequently everyone subscribed to it. So what is
there to make all this noise about?

Furthermore, the information is added by the SMTP server (not the MUA),
so it can't be removed just like that, and due to firewall policies etc.
it's not very easy to send the messages via a different one. And trying
to get this feature removed from the service would be fighting windmills.

I should imagine that many corporate users face similar issues, so
"restricting by policy" like you suggest would mean excluding all of
them from the list(s). Is that what you want?

- Toralf