[CentOS] CentOS 6, Postfix, and Procmail -- how do I get it to work?

Mon Aug 18 17:39:49 UTC 2014
Mike Burger <mburger at bubbanfriends.org>

On 2014-08-18 1:26 pm, Robert Heller wrote:
> What is the trick to get Postfix's local command to pipe mail through
> procmail?
>
> I have:
>
> -bash-4.1$ grep allow_mail_to_commands /etc/postfix/main.cf
> allow_mail_to_commands = alias, forward
>
> and
>
> -bash-4.1$ cat .forward
> |/usr/bin/procmail
>
> and a .procmailrc file:
>
> -bash-4.1$ cat .procmailrc
> PATH=/usr/bsd:/bin:/usr/bin:/exp/rcf/share/bin
> MAILDIR=/var/lib/amanda/Mail      #you'd better make sure it exists
> DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL   #completely optional
> LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from   #recommended
>
> :0
> * ^From.*no-reply at sns.amazonaws.com
> |$HOME/retrieveArchive.tcl
>
> :0
> ! heller at deepsoft.com
>
> Basically I want all mail to the Amanda Backup account, except messages
> from
> Amazon SNS, to be forwarded to me (the system admin).  The
> retrieveArchive.tcl
> is a script to process Amazon SNS messages.

It's this simple:

Instead of putting a call to procmail in your .forward, first, set up
/etc/postfix/main.cf with the following line:

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail

and reload postfix. Now, postfix will default to using procmail as its
local delivery agent.

Now, set up /etc/procmailrc like so:

USER=`whoami`

:0 fw
| spamc

:0 e
{
         EXITCODE=$?
}

Now, set up the amanda user's .procmailrc rules like so:

:0:
* ^From.*no-reply at sns.amazonaws.com
|$HOME/retrieveArchive.tcl

:0:
*
! heller at deepsoft.com

Voila!
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1