[CentOS] CentOS 5 takes one second holding each keyboard key until it shows.

Wed Aug 27 08:02:48 UTC 2014
Lars Hecking <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

> I copied the CentOS 5 /etc/X11/xorg.conf to CentOS 7 (on the same
> computer) and rebooted - no effect. I copied the CentOS 7
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf to CentOS 5 and rebooted - no
> effect. I tried different CentOS 5 xset settings, I tried an IBM Soft
> Touch and a Logitech keyboard using different cabeling. What might
> resolve this new one second delay for each CentOS 5 keyboard key? What
> might have caused it?

 Did you change or update any hardware recently? This might be a bit
 far-fetched, but I observed behaviour like this when connecting a new
 monitor to a machine running CentOS5 through DVI. I don't recall the
 details, but the monitor created some kind of interrupt issue that the
 CentOS5 kernel (5.4 - 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5) couldn't handle. Symptoms
 were slow-responding keyboard and jerky mouse.

 If it's something like this, you should see it in the logs.