[CentOS] OT: Bittorrent clients

Sorin Srbu Sorin.Srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Mon Dec 29 08:41:22 UTC 2014

I did. It'd be neat to have the Transmission daemon running 24/7 on the
webserver and just connect to it as needed.
We'll see how this goes. Want to give Deluge from the nux repo another go.

> Btw, my OT: from Windows 7 to CentOS 6.6? WHY!!? I mean, I use CentOS
> everywhere I can for my server needs but I think that for a workstation
> Fedora could be a  better fit - my 2cents.

I like tinkering and I've always been a little envious of our molecular
modeling chemists at work. CentOS performs like lightning and I wanted to also
see if I could squeeze out some extra power and speed while rendering the
Gopro-clips I film every now and then.
Pinnacle Studio in Win7 never was very fast despite running on an Intel i7 (an
older version).

As for Fedora - nah, don't like the default desktop environment. I know there
are other DE alternatives, but never liked the bleeding edge-philososphy
anyway. Prefer stability.
I looked into Mint 17, but didn't like the way it handled software raid
creation at install. CentOS is way better there.

As for other reasons, see my previous post!
--
//Sorin