[CentOS] print something on console after boot

Wed Dec 10 20:47:47 UTC 2014
Dan Hyatt <dhyatt at dsgmail.wustl.edu>

I might be in left field but...

in init.d  create a script that simply

echo_ip

script contents
#!/bin/bash
ip -4 addr |grep inet |tee /var/log/ip  # this will only print the ip
lines and copy to /var/log/ip ( I prefer tee over echo, for a variety of
reasons)

then create S99echo_ip in rc3.d
so that it runs last