[CentOS] print something on console after boot

Wed Dec 10 22:51:07 UTC 2014
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 12/10/2014 12:47 PM, Dan Hyatt wrote:
> I've a virtual instance and I need to know its IP address after it has
> finished booting up, to know where to ssh into it. I've tried adding
> "ip -4 addr > /dev/tty0" to rc.local, but that obviously doesn't work,
> because the login prompt overwrites everything I do.

The easy answer would be: don't fight the login prompt.  "agetty" writes
the contents of /etc/issue to the console before the login prompt.  If
/etc/issue contains "\4" then agetty will print the IPv4 address to the
console.

See the man page for agetty, and update /etc/issue.