[CentOS] OT: Bittorrent clients

Mon Dec 29 08:33:39 UTC 2014
Sorin Srbu <Sorin.Srbu at orgfarm.uu.se>

I was never able to get samba on the homefolder server to work properly and
with decent speeds, it sometimes worked sometimes not, sometimes it wanted
passwords, sometimes it just worked.
Opening a Word document from the samba share took like two minutes each. A
PDF-document took four minutes. Also I wanted to see if I could get better
network speeds generally from my client to the servers.
I didn't feel this was good enough.

Wifey still has the above problems from her Win7 box. Things got better after
I switched her to LibreOffice, from MS Office 2010, but it's still not very
smooth for some reason. 8-/

As a side note, Win7 was capable of about 150-170 Mbps on my gigabit network.
On CentOS I got consistent speeds of up to 700 Mbps while e.g. syncing the
local Owncloud folder!

--
//Sorin