[CentOS] Backing up Xen vm's

Tue Feb 18 21:47:58 UTC 2014
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>

On 02/17/2014 09:34 PM, Johan Vermeulen wrote:

> I guess that means that the partitioning for the machine should be in
> function of the planned number ans size  of the vm's?

Not necessarily.  I would make one large LVM volume group (VG) for
pretty much the entire disk space then for each VM create a logical
volume (LV) that is as big as you think you will need, but it doesn't
need to be too big, it is easy to grow the LV later on if you need to.
As I said before, make sure you leave some free space on the VG for
snapshots.

Peter