[CentOS] Backing up Xen vm's

Wed Feb 19 12:19:34 UTC 2014
Johan Vermeulen <jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be>

op 18-02-14 22:47, Peter schreef:
> On 02/17/2014 09:34 PM, Johan Vermeulen wrote:
>> I guess that means that the partitioning for the machine should be in
>> function of the planned number ans size  of the vm's?
> Not necessarily.  I would make one large LVM volume group (VG) for
> pretty much the entire disk space then for each VM create a logical
> volume (LV) that is as big as you think you will need, but it doesn't
> need to be too big, it is easy to grow the LV later on if you need to.
> As I said before, make sure you leave some free space on the VG for
> snapshots.
>

> Peter

Hello Peter,

thanks for putting me on the right track.

I partitioned a testing machine accordingly.

[root at minas2 ~]# df -h
Bestandssysteem       Grtte Gebr Besch Geb% Aangekoppeld op
/dev/mapper/vg_minas2-LogVol00
                        49G  753M   45G   2% /
tmpfs                 3,9G     0  3,9G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1             485M   32M  429M   7% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_minas2-LogVol02
                       9,7G  150M  9,0G   2% /home
/dev/mapper/vg_minas2-LogVol04
                       9,7G  150M  9,0G   2% /ldap
/dev/mapper/vg_minas2-LogVol05
                        49G  180M   46G   1% /mailserver
/dev/mapper/vg_minas2-LogVol03
                       9,7G  150M  9,0G   2% /openvpn

anticipating the creation of an openvpn - ldap - and mailserver.

Greetings, J.