[CentOS] Elliptic curve on Centos 6.x

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Fri Jan 3 13:20:34 UTC 2014

Luigi Rosa wrote:

>> With headless and/or virtual servers the issue is even bigger because
> Linux could not be able to collect enough entropy to seed /dev/urandom

Is this a meaningful statement?
How do you measure the "entropy" of a seed (which I take to be a string)?
And if you can, is it true that you can decrypt a string with low entropy?

Nb What you say may be perfectly valid, I'd just like to know
exactly what it means, if indeed it has a mathematical meaning.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net