[CentOS] Elliptic curve on Centos 6.x

Luigi Rosa lists at luigirosa.com
Fri Jan 3 13:36:47 UTC 2014

Timothy Murphy said the following on 03/01/2014 14:20:

> Is this a meaningful statement? How do you measure the "entropy" of a seed
> (which I take to be a string)? And if you can, is it true that you can
> decrypt a string with low entropy?

The mathematic behind a PRNG (or DRNG to use NIST terminolgy) + Elliptic Curve
falls beyond my comprehension, so I have to take for granted what experts say.

The link to PDF I qoted in my previous message goes deep in detail, you can
refer to that paper if you need more informations.

> Nb What you say may be perfectly valid, I'd just like to know exactly what
> it means, if indeed it has a mathematical meaning.

In essence it means that if an algorythm that builds its foundations on the
fact that each new number of a sequence is not predictable, when that sequence
generates predictable numbers, the algorythm fails.

There are some models that define or analyze if a sequence is "randomic" you
can google around or take a look at http://www.issihosts.com/haveged/ais31.html

Mind that you can end up with a big headache :)

Ciao,
luigi

--
/
+--[Luigi Rosa]--

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves
up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
    --Winston Churchill