[CentOS] OT hardware question

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Jan 31 20:37:05 UTC 2014

On 1/31/2014 11:55 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Hmmm... that $99 each camera gets expensive, fast.

did I mention these are HD (1280x720) cams with decent low light
sensitivity (but not IR nightvision)?     I didn't find any decent
quality weatherproof PoE cameras with mounting hardware for much less
than that.   and the way the whole AirVision software DVR operates is
quite slick.   it autofinds and autoconfigures the cameras, all you need
to do is name them and place them on a google map or floor plan graphic,
then you can see where motion alerts are happening on that map and drill
in to see whats happening

I too prefer CentOS, but wouldn't mind setting up Ubuntu LTS or
something for this dedicated task.   NFS export the video folder for
your archive-n-scripting requirements.  all management is done via the
web interface on the airvision server anyways.