[CentOS] Elliptic curve on Centos 6.x

Fri Jan 3 11:36:02 UTC 2014
Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch>

On 01/03/2014 01:15 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/03/2014 11:01 AM, Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
>> i was just blew away by this:
>> "What almost all commentators have missed is
>> that hidden away in the small print (and subsequently confirmed by our
>> specific query) is that if you want to be FIPS 140-2 compliant you MUST
>> use the compromised points."
>>
>> i even don't have words to comment on this!!!
>
> I tweeted about this exact point a few minutes ago; given the way and
> what is compromised in what manner, and then work back to what FIPS is,
> it helps dilute the shock. a bit. but then who's got the funds and
> resources to re-work the fips process with a new codebase ? Will Red Hat ?
at this point i am thinking: why bother (with re-certification)? because
of this (among other things) the trust in "fips process" or other
"official" processes is in free fall.. IMHO underlying problem is not
that a cipher/process/code was compromised but that the supervising
_trustworthy_ entity is in fact not trustworthy at all!

Adrian