[CentOS] Linux reinstallation without rebooting? Alternative to kickstart and other such tools?

Sat Jan 11 17:50:01 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 1/11/2014 6:41 AM, Rafał Radecki wrote:
> That's what I was looking for, many thanks!:)
> I have a funny situation in which I need to reinstall remotely from Debian
> 7 to CenOS 6.5 without kvm access and now it is possible:)

and if anything goes wrong, you'll need to get down there to the actual
console to sort it out.

I always buy my servers with remote consoles, IPMI or iLO or DRAC or
whatever. Costs a bit extra, but saving a few extra DC visits in the
life of the server is priceless.