[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS Project joins forces with Red Hat

Fri Jan 17 20:53:21 UTC 2014
Andrew Wyatt <andrew at fuduntu.org>

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> <snip> But, the bigger question is where it leaves us if
> they just decide to quit after assimilating most of the related
> systems under a build ecosystem that no one else can reproduce easily.

I don't expect that it would ever be necessary, but it wouldn't be terribly
difficult to reproduce the distro from source packages.  It would require a
lot of work and a lot of build time, but it's not really very difficult.
 The most challenging component would be the initial bootstrap build, we
could produce altered trademarks packages in less than an hour.  I wouldn't
lose any sleep over it.