[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS Project joins forces with Red Hat

Fri Jan 17 21:21:51 UTC 2014
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

On 01/17/2014 09:33 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:
> I don't really think the CentOS team has an evil plan here, but they
> should take it as a compliment that I think they are smart enough to
> fool me if they did want to do something like inject a hidden backdoor
> with their builds.

That is reasonable fear, but unless you are going to build everything
yourself, you can never be sure in anyone else. And even if you have an
accessible build system, there is a question if it was compromised in a
way that others can not notice, but producing backdoor.

So it all comes down to trust vs convenience.

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)