[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS Project joins forces with Red Hat

Fri Jan 17 21:36:35 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:

>> Sigh..., It's complicated.   I want stability and reliable security
>> updates. But I don't like  being dependent on any single entity to
>> provide that.
>
> You want your Linux to be under control, but not controlled.  Is that it? :)

Controlled as in having a currently authoritative version, but not
secret or restricted beyond not calling something different the same
name.

> Someone has to have their hand on the tiller.

Yes, but if the boat sinks it would be nice if the blueprints didn't
go down with the ship.   (Or even if it goes off in a wildly wrong
direction...).    Anyway, per Johnny's comment that it is all going to
be published - that's all anyone could ask.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com