[CentOS] remote yum update aborted with session closing - won't boot

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jul 2 03:06:15 UTC 2014

On 07/01/2014 06:25 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 18:19:32 -0400
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> How do I trouble shoot this?  I am assuming that I only got a partially
>> completed update.
> Try yum-complete-transaction and see what happens.
>
> And for future reference, always run yum in a screen session when updating a remote system.

# yum-complete-transaction
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
  * base: lug.mtu.edu
  * epel: less.cogeco.net
  * extras: lug.mtu.edu
  * updates: lug.mtu.edu
Checking for new repos for mirrors
There are 1 outstanding transactions to complete. Finishing the most
recent one
The remaining transaction had 458 elements left to run

And something seems to be computing right now....

As it has the CPU pegged at 95%