[CentOS] corruption of in-memory data detected (xfs)

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Wed Jul 2 09:18:53 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
| On 7/1/2014 9:40 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
| > inode64 is a mount time option and it is a one way option as well.
| >  Once you mounted a filesystem with inode64 you can't go back.  It
| > has to do with inode allocation.  If you have older operating
| > systems mounting a filesystem with inode64 will lead to "odd
| > behaviour" because it allows the inodes to be allocated anywhere
| > in the filesystem instead of "stuck" within the first 1TB.
| >  inode64 leads to better filesystem performance for large
| > filesystems.  Nothing need be done during the mkfs portion.
| if you don't use inode64, once the first 1TB is completely filled, it
| will have no more room for inodes.
|
| I just noticed, the OP is running a large XFS system on EL 5 ?  I
| didn't
| think XFS was officially supported on 5, and was considered
| experimental.   I would strongly urge installing centos 6.latest ASAP
| and using that instead
|

| --
| john r pierce                                      37N 122W
| somewhere on the middle of the left coast

OP only has a 1TB volume, so not large.  XFS was supported in later versions of 5 (around 5.5 maybe) but kickstart didn't handle it because xfsprogs was not included in anaconda and so you couldn't format a XFS filesystem during install without a %post section.  Moving to a later kernel at the very least is recommended but yes, running 6 would be better.  Running 7 would be best since XFS is the default for 7.. Oh wait... umm.. nvm.. Soon ;)

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices

To be original seek your inspiration from unexpected sources.