[CentOS] corruption of in-memory data detected (xfs)

Alexandru Cardaniuc cardaniuc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 04:09:46 UTC 2014

John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> writes:

> On 7/1/2014 9:40 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
>> inode64 is a mount time option and it is a one way option as well.
>> Once you mounted a filesystem with inode64 you can't go back. It has
>> to do with inode allocation. If you have older operating systems
>> mounting a filesystem with inode64 will lead to "odd behaviour"
>> because it allows the inodes to be allocated anywhere in the
>> filesystem instead of "stuck" within the first 1TB. inode64 leads to
>> better filesystem performance for large filesystems. Nothing need be
>> done during the mkfs portion.
> if you don't use inode64, once the first 1TB is completely filled, it
> will have no more room for inodes.

> I just noticed, the OP is running a large XFS system on EL 5 ? I
> didn't think XFS was officially supported on 5, and was considered
> experimental. I would strongly urge installing centos 6.latest ASAP
> and using that instead

Yes, I run XFS on ~1T (900G) partition, so I don't think I need to
consider inode64 for that. What is the official situation with XFS and
CentOS 5? It was in technology preview in CentOS 5.4 I think? How about
now?

--
"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have
acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the