[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jul 8 17:56:24 UTC 2014

Always Learning wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-07-08 at 13:19 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>
>> ROTFLMAO! And can you explain the difference between "cloud" and
>> "time-sharing on a mainframe"?
>
> 75 baud on a TTY (clank, clank, clank, ding, thud as the printer head
> returned to the beginning of the line) and an amazingly fast speed of
> 300 baud on the up-market Terminet (? spelling).
>
> Perhaps the speeds were 300 and 1,200 baud? It was a long time ago.
>
> Those were the days.

I was dialing in from work to upload homework at 300 baud, around '84.
When I got my first modem for my first real PC (we'll skip the CoCo), *I*
had 1200 baud. *nyah*

But between 1978, when I went back to college, and '81 or os, a year into
my first programming job, I was on punch cards; then it was the shared
three terminals in the hall. Originally, a 370-168 timeshare, then, after
we won the lottery to get it nine months before most everyone, we had our
4300. And we had *real* line printers.....

But I say there *ain't* no differmenints. You'se is gots your share, we
had VM regions.....