[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jul 8 18:07:14 UTC 2014

On 07/08/2014 01:56 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Always Learning wrote:
>> On Tue, 2014-07-08 at 13:19 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>>> ROTFLMAO! And can you explain the difference between "cloud" and
>>> "time-sharing on a mainframe"?
>> 75 baud on a TTY (clank, clank, clank, ding, thud as the printer head
>> returned to the beginning of the line) and an amazingly fast speed of
>> 300 baud on the up-market Terminet (? spelling).
>>
>> Perhaps the speeds were 300 and 1,200 baud? It was a long time ago.
>>
>> Those were the days.
> I was dialing in from work to upload homework at 300 baud, around '84.
> When I got my first modem for my first real PC (we'll skip the CoCo), *I*
> had 1200 baud. *nyah*

You were late to 1200 baud.  I got one of the first Anderson/Jacobson
accoustic boxes (before they invented the accoustic coupler).  First at
300 baud, then 1200 baud on a DEC Writer II.  It was '83.  Then Bell
head said I would never get 300 baud working on a non-conditioned line...

But again that is the point.  We have moved on from there.  We got the
memories, so we know the edge cases.  Like dealing with X.75 gateways...