[CentOS] Command Line Commands Aren't Working.....

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jul 14 10:02:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 12:48:26AM -0400, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
> On 07/13/2014 10:07 PM, Fred Smith wrote:

> Well it's like I had said before.....when the USB boots up, it doesn't
> give me any type of real options except to install the OS....or "Test"
> the media and THEN install the os. when I select "Install the OS" it
> automatically scrolls through a whole lot of lines of code and things
> its doing...and then "drops" me to the "#" command prompt. Maybe I'll
> download the CD/DVD iso and try again with the LiveUSB creator.

It sounds as if it's not a live USB.  Is there a live CD or USB for CentOS
7 yet?
As for it dropping you to a root prompt, not sure what's
goin on there.  For me, when I used the netinstall, after various and
sundry things, it opens to an Anaconda (the GUI installer) window and
begins to install (after waiting for various input from me.)

If there is less than a certain amount of memory, it will then go through
the crippled text install which doesn't allow you to do any customization
unless you've set up a kickstart file.

So, if it's just dropping to a root prompt and not doing very much,
something might be broken.

However, a description, even if brief, of the "things it's doing" might be
useful.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6