[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jul 14 21:34:41 UTC 2014

On 07/14/2014 02:03 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 7/14/2014 1:56 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> c) We have some production boxes that are 5.10.*YOU*  go and tell managers
>>        that we're going to take down their production boxes and upgrade them,
>>        or were*you*  personally going to assure that their budgets would be
>>        upped to provide replacement servers that could be built and tested
>>        prior to replacement (and note that the last set just got upgraded just
>>        before 6.0 came out in '12?)...
> do you have plans to replace/upgrade them prior to the end of
> maintenance updates circa March 2017 ?
>
> btw, 6.0 came out in july 2011

This is the US gov he is dealing with. He will end up having to do what
congress agrees he can do. When you get laws put forth (fortunately
shouted down) that want to repeal Pi because it is irrational?

Look at Detroit for how governments like to kick problems down the road
until the mudball is too big to kick anymore.

Look for an emergency funding request in Feb 2017...