[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Mon Jul 14 22:10:37 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-14 at 12:59 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 7/14/2014 12:48 PM, Always Learning wrote:
> > On the contrary it means a discerning user like me, never adverse to
> > complaining, is satisfied with the quality product C 5 undoubtedly is.
> > And satisfied sufficiently to use it instead of C6 and C7.

> perhaps you should change your username from Always Learning, as it
> appears you've decided to stop as of about 5 years ago.

Optimistically I will continue learning about a wide range of differing
subjects until I die, probably in about 10 years or so.

I continue to learn new things about C5, and the programmes than run on
it, the BSDs, Linux kernel, minor CSS syntaxes. It is fascinating.

Next month I hope to enrol in German and Polish evening classes. I would
have preferred Norwegian (Bokmal) and Dutch (Nederlands) but the local
college don't have them. In November I would like to start a law
degree :-)

I am never complacent and tomorrow I do the first of the compulsory 3
tests for my motorbike licence (theory and hazard perception, despite
riding my bike for the last year as a Learner) - I'm definitely Always
Learning and not ashamed to admit it.

Centos is clearly a refreshing and invigorating breeze compared to
Windoze. Having about 47 years years experience as a computer
programmer, I am naturally reticent about systemd - but then every
clever and thinking person would be too. I've experienced too many
computer problems to trust everything to script kiddies or their
grown-up enthusiastic cousins.

Have a nice evening.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

   Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
   Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.