[CentOS] TOT - Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Jul 16 20:23:39 UTC 2014

Always Learning wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-07-16 at 11:47 -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>
>> This is...weird.
>>
>> Not sure why this suddenly showed, a week later, nor why it showed to
>> me, on my webmail/squirrelmail/ensignia that I use at work for this
account,
>> as html/an attachment.
>
> Reading the headers of that strange message

>> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 17:39:15 +0000
>
> one notices (well I did) that the email left the sender's computer
> system on 16 July 2014. Here is the relevant header

>>        Server id 14.3.158.1; Wed, 16 Jul 2014 15:39:45 +0000

I didn't even think to look at the header. overstock.com? Huh?

> As you may appreciate, anything is possible with M$ :-)

That's deeply weird. My email, from hostmonster, my hosting provider, (and
my domain is, of course, hosted on linux) goes through their email gateway
of unifiedlayer. How on earth did it get through overstock? I need to go
see if there's any more in that header....

Thanks, Paul.

        mark