[CentOS] centos 7 yum dependency issue

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Mon Jul 21 03:23:20 UTC 2014

On 07/20/2014 08:25 PM, Tom Bishop wrote:
> I had some packages that I needed to install and they have some
> issues, I installed via rpm and did some linking and got them working.
> However Yum still thinks that they are broken:

They are still broken. Yum and rpm are not aware of changes made outside
the package process structure. You likely had to do bad things to rpm to
make these packages install in the first place.

> ** Found 1 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
>
> has missing requires of python(abi) = ('0', '2.6', None)

Yep. If you got here, it's likely that you ended up using --force to
install the package. This is a clear sign you're making a terrible
mistake. CentOS 7 has python 2.7. Your packages need the python 2.6
structure. There are a great many differences between the versions, so
creating symlinks is not really going to help matters.

> Yum appears to install whatever I need but spits that out at the
> bottom, is there any way I can have it ignore this issue?  I searched
> via google but most deal with resolving the issue, and I have but yum
> is unaware.

You're actively subverting the package manager, rather than addressing
the issue. To fix this properly you would need to find a repository
which contains these packages, built for CentOS 7. Linking won't fix this.

--
Jim Perrin