[CentOS] cannot hibernate, not enough swap

Sun Jul 6 18:55:13 UTC 2014
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

The last couple time I tried to hibernate, I got an error message:
> PM: Not enough free swap

I find that hard to believe:
[hennebry at localhost doc]$ free -m
Mem:          3833       1124       2709          0         51        286
-/+ buffers/cache:        786       3047
Swap:        11453        356      11097
[hennebry at localhost doc]$
1124+786+356=2266< 11097

How do I figure out what is going on and fix it?

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods