[CentOS] printing from firefox

Mon Jul 7 21:04:02 UTC 2014
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Mon, 7 Jul 2014, Elias Persson wrote:

> On 2014-07-04 23:58, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> Is there a way to get firefox to not print all that
>> useful data at the top and bottom of a web page.
>> For me, that oftem makes one web page into two printed pages.
>> There is rarely a good place for the split.
>>

> My google-fu got me this:
>
> http://www.mintprintables.com/print-tips/adjust-margins-osx/

Found it.
In this case,
I think "printer margins" refers to the non-printable area of a page.
Using a custom size was not necessary because CUPS
already had a marginless paper size available.
That produced more room for the header and
footer and I could get the entire page.
Something (not A4 vs letter) was not right:
the footer was off the page, not that I cared much.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods