[CentOS] latest freeIPA on CentOS

Mon Jul 14 15:47:32 UTC 2014
Johnny Tan <johnnydtan at gmail.com>

We're looking to run freeipa on CentOS-6.5.

It seems the version available for 6.5 is 3.0, whereas the latest 3.x is
3.3.5 (available in F19 & 20). And now I see 4.0 was just released and will
be in F21 (with support for native OTP-based 2FA!).

Has anyone attempted rebuilds against the F19/20 3.3.5 RPMS for CentOS?
Given the dependency chain, is it worth going down this rabbit hole?

Otherwise, is everyone who is running CentOS and FreeIPA pretty much using
3.0?

Since it's a new build, I was hoping we could start with the latest stable,
but not ready yet to run RHEL7/CentOS7 or Fedora in our environment.

johnny