[CentOS] latest freeIPA on CentOS

Mon Jul 14 15:57:05 UTC 2014
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:47:32 -0400
schrieb Johnny Tan <johnnydtan at gmail.com>:

> We're looking to run freeipa on CentOS-6.5.
>
> It seems the version available for 6.5 is 3.0, whereas the latest 3.x
> is 3.3.5 (available in F19 & 20). And now I see 4.0 was just released
> and will be in F21 (with support for native OTP-based 2FA!).

CentOS7 has 3.3

I don't know if RedHat will backport it to 6.x like they did previously.

I think we will start with what is in CentOS 7.0 and see how far we get.
We will even buy RHEL-lics for it.

I certainly don't want to run Fedora in production - and I don't want
to do the backport for  such a complicated piece of software myself.