[CentOS] Anyone using CentOS 6 on PC104 stacks?

Fri Jul 18 21:34:07 UTC 2014
Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane <todd.denniston at navy.mil>

Is anyone using CentOS 6 on PC104 stacks?
I have tried a couple of different CPU cards with CentOS 6.5 [no updates].  I can install with the Install DVD to the PATA hard drive just fine, but they each hang up while the installed system is trying to get UDEV going.   And by "hang up" I mean a) leave the machine setting for hours and it never gets udev started, AND b) the keyboard has gone non-responsive (power switch is the only way out).

Note1: each board and drive works fine under CentOS 5.9.
Note2: for the purposes of this test all other boards have been removed, it is just the CPU board and an power supply. Granted that does leave the video chip, serial chip, audio chip, usb chip, and memory (which was memtest86 for 50 hours in this config).

Has 6 dropped support for ISA somehow?

Any ideas on what might be wrong or where to start debugging?

I have tried:
Setting selinux to permissive (there was a udev issue in 6.0 where this was needed)

Removing quiet and RHGB from the boot, so I can see what is going on

In /etc/udev/udev.conf  set udev_log="debug", but this seems to just information overload, AND
It never stops at the same set of messages.  Even booted with udevtrace.

Syslog has not started, so there is nothing in /var/log/messages

Moved /etc/udev/rules.d/* to /etc/udev/rules.distro/ so that rules created at install time, under the install dvd's kernel, are not causing issues. Though I did move one file per boot attempt, newest first. (yes I have reached desperate stage)

Thanks for any pointers.

Even when this disclaimer is not here:
I am not a contracting officer. I do not have authority to make or modify the terms of any contract.