[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 8 07:12:27 UTC 2014
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <centos at plnet.rs>

On 07/08/2014 03:41 AM, Always Learning wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-07-07 at 21:34 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
>
>> No systemd in FreeBSD.  It isn't Linux, and like any O/S, has its own
>> oddities.
>>
>> It would take more adjustment, IMHO, to go from CentOS 6.x to FreeBSD than
>> to go to 7.x.  (I'm saying this as someone who uses both FreeBSD and
>> Fedora which has given a hint of what we'll see in CentOS 7.)
>
> Thanks. I've deployed C 5.10 and C 6.5. Thought I'll play with C 7.
>
> I notice, from http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS7, the
> apparent replacement of IPtables by firewalld
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD

Check "Static_Firewall" Chapter:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD#Static_Firewall_.28system-config-firewall.2Flokkit.29

and one below it. You can have iptables rules and also rules from
system-config-firewall

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)