[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 8 17:17:02 UTC 2014

Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 10:27:41AM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Scott Robbins wrote:
>>

>> > Very true. I do remember Adam Williamson of Fedora commenting on their
>> > forums that he pictured many of the complainers about various changes,
>> > including systemd, to be old white guys, which fit me to a T.
>> <snip>
>> So he's guilty of ageism, as well as aggressively NIH (Not Invented
>> Here), and a faddist.... Did he actually have any *good*, persuasive
reasons
>> for such changes?
>
> Wow.  This was my bad in assuming everyone knows who Adam is--a very good
> natured and helpful person.  He was formerly with Mandriva, I think, and
> came to Fedora where he has made enormous strides in seeing things from
> the user standpoint, getting bugs filed, making Fedora a much better
> distribution (and better documented), than it had been.  My statement's
> implication, though of course, tongue in cheek, was that Even Adam
> thinks....
>
> So, for any friends or fans of Adam on this list, I apologize if that came
> out as a putdown or anything more than a jesting complaint.

The only idea of him I have is from this thread, and I have formed an
opinion headed *way* down in a nosedive from "not very high". And I know
how other feminists feel when someone makes a sexist comment that they
think is a throwaway line... but question where the line came from in
their subconscious, and how it affects their attitude to what they're
doing.

And to expand on my agreement with Les, sounds like he only talks to other
fedora folks... and doesn't get out of his own little circle of admirers.

         mark