[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Wed Jul 9 00:44:15 UTC 2014
Russell Miller <duskglow at gmail.com>

On Jul 8, 2014, at 2:03 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> ]
> Ah, we will be at Centos 11 by then :)
>
> Systemd will be a thing of the past and we will be dealing with systemq.

It'll be named "kitchensink", there will be only one process in the process table, and
every bit of computation will be handled using kernel threads.  All services will have
been moved into the kernel for "speed", and exceptions will be handled by everything being
virtualized - when the kernel crashes, the guest will just kill itself and respawn.

I really wish I was joking or being facetious.  I'm not.  This is pretty much the logical
end result of the abomination that's systemd, and the appallingly stupid idea of putting
dbus into the kernel.  There's a reason for privilege and process separation, and people
seem to have forgotten it.

More facetiously, Poettering will have rejoined a BSD project after effectively having
killed off Linux for any production use, and laughing all the way to the bank. :)

--Russell