[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Wed Jul 9 01:27:56 UTC 2014
Always Learning <centos at u62.u22.net>

On Tue, 2014-07-08 at 17:44 -0700, Russell Miller wrote:

> I really wish I was joking or being facetious.  I'm not.  This is pretty much the logical
> end result of the abomination that's systemd, and the appallingly stupid idea of putting
> dbus into the kernel.  There's a reason for privilege and process separation, and people
> seem to have forgotten it.
>
> More facetiously, Poettering will have rejoined a BSD project after effectively having
> killed off Linux for any production use, and laughing all the way to the bank. :)

That is a fundamental worry. Everything, except the kernel, dependent on
Poettering's (employed by Red Hat) windows-style gigantic systemd.
Nothing can run without systemd's prior consent. One tiny bug in systemd
and everything crashes. Is that RH's new "resilience" strategy?

Have I really got this wrong?

Remember the old fashioned sayings?

*** Keep it simple stupid (KISS)

*** If it ain't broke, don't fix it (= If it is not broken, do not
attempt to repair it)

M$-style script kiddies are improving Linux?

Poettering-kraft ? Nein danke.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

   Centos, Exim, Apache, Libre Office.
   Linux is the future. Micro$oft is the past.